Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy {Belated} Thanksiving!

Happy {belated} Thanksgiving! I'm usually too busy enjoying a holiday to blog about it until after the fact. Thanksgiving was no exception.

We celebrated with Nathan and Jessica this year, over at their house.

And, of course, there was LOTS of good food. Mmmm. John and I were in charge of bringing rolls, cranberry sauce, gravy, sweet potatoes, steamed broccoli, jello salad, chocolate cheesecake, and homemade hot apple cider. Yum. Nathan and Jessica had the turkey, pumpkin pies, stuffing, and mashed potatoes.

For breakfast, we made orange sweet rolls. My family makes those for breakfast virtually every holiday . And any other random time we feel like eating them ;)

I got some cleaning in before I started cooking. Of course, that means I need to clean a bit again since I spilled sugar on the counter. Ah well. It happens.

Anyway, long story short, we had a wonderful Thanksgiving. The food was excellent, and the company was even better. It was small; just us and one other family, but it was really nice.

Emma had a blast playing with her cousin Noah. Oh my goodness those 2 are crazy when they get together. Both had multiple time outs. Hyrum and Anna crawled around a bunch. Getting Emma to eat was challenging. Hyrum, on the other hand, was absolutely obsessed with all the yummy Thanksgiving food. He loved it!

It was great spending Thanksgiving with Nathan, Jessica, and their adorable kids. I love that they only live 15 minutes away.

I am so grateful for the many blessings in my life. I am grateful for the gospel. I am grateful for my wonderful husband. I am grateful for my sweet adorable children. I am grateful for my friends and family. I am grateful for the freedoms I enjoy.

I am grateful to live in a day where I don't have to hike out into the snow in the middle of the night to the bathroom.

No really. I'm not kidding. I am so grateful to live now, where I have electricity, indoor plumbing, heat, refrigeration, dishwashers, washers and dryers, microwaves, electric stoves and ovens, KitchenAid mixers, food processors, computers, Adobe Photoshop, internet...

I have much to be grateful for. Despite being monetarily poor, I can't help but feel rich. We truly live a blessed life.

Happy {belated} Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment