Friday, July 2, 2010

Template 63, Kid Updates, and P365

Happy early Independence Day to all my fellow Americans! And happy belated Canada Day to all the Canadians out there. My baby will be 6 months old on the 4th. Crazy!! LOL, there will always be a party on his half birthday;)

I always seem to have 2 weeks' worth of photos to post. But this time, I also have a bunch of new pages, too:)

I *should* be folding laundry now, but meh, blogging's more fun. I swept, mopped, and vacuumed, so I've already met a decent cleaning quota for the day;)

So, an update.

We're working on potty training. Scary, huh? It's weird to think I have a child old enough for potty training. But obviously I do. We were hesitant to let Emma NOT wear a diaper, but we finally took the plunge and bought her Big Girl Undies. Tinkerbell undies, to be exact. Emma's choice. She also recently picked Tinkerbell vitamins. And watched the movie about 50 times when we borrowed it from the library. Think we'll have to buy it for her birthday?

*ahem* Anyway, potty training. It's been interesting, to say the least. We've had a few accidents; about 4 pee and 1 poop. But this morning, Emma said "I have poopy diaper" really quickly like she was in a hurry, so I helped her pull her pants and undies down and she sat down on her potty and peed. YAY! FYI, "I have poopy diaper" translates to many things in Emma Speech. There's the literal translation, of course, but it also means "I have to pee," "I have to poop," "I peed in my diaper," and "you're trying to make me do something I don't want to do so I'm going to say I have a poopy diaper to get out of it."

Honestly, so far, the most frustrating thing isn't that she's had accidents, or even the clean up of said accidents (though I'd be lying if I said I enjoy cleaning poop out of undies). No, the most frustrating part is her tendency to run off after sitting on the potty with a bare bum. Chasing down a bare bummed in-progress potty trainee is NOT fun! She peed on the floor before I could get to her the first time...I DID have her help me clean it up and I talked to her about running off with a bare bum. We started giving her time outs for it, too. She's smart enough to learn that's not ok. I won't punish for accidents since she's learning, but running off without anything on her bum is a time out worthy offense now that we've talked to her about it several times.

She's definitely catching on, though. Yay! Let's hope it continues to go well. She LOVES wearing underwear. She keeps talking about it and asking to wear it. And she gets SO excited when she pees on her potty. She always exclaims, "I did it!!" and "I pee my potty!!" And she loves picking out a sticker and putting it on her chart. Awesome. I really hope she doesn't get sick of it or feel too pressured (we're trying not to pressure but still get her to go. Tough balance to reach). Now that I wrote about it, I may be jinxing myself (isn't that how it always is?).

Anyway, that's just one facet of our lives - albeit a large one at present. It's been really hot lately, so we've gone out to the spray park several times. We're also going on lots of walks and hanging out. We're just having SO much fun this summer. And, as always, Emma's said some hilarious things lately. Recent Emma-isms:

"I almost got it."
"I want eat my spoon."
"I obey my daddy, I obey my mommy, I obey my Hyrum."
"This way to my room."
"I take care my baby brother."
"I don't eat food."
Mommy: what do you want for lunch? Emma: ice cream
"Let me hold Hyrum."
"Jesus helps Emma, and Hyrum, and Mommy, and Daddy, and my froggy, too!"
"Hi chubby boy!"
"Don't sleep on the table."
"I love my brother."
"I love you, Daddy. Very much."
"I go Jesus' house."
"I go visit Jesus."
"I need allergies." Uh, she HAS allergies. She meant she needed allergy medicine.
"Heavenly Father loves you."
"Oh baby's crying on the phone." LOL, so she has a baby monitor toy that makes baby sounds. She pushed the button that made the crying sound and then said this.
"I didn't mean to."
"I have question for you."
"Mommy make my heart smile."
"Daddy's borrowing my spoon." John used one of the kid spoons when all the others were dirty.
"No I need my way!" Uh oh...this was in response to me telling her that throwing a fit isn't how to get her way...yeeeah...
"I done my potty. Go get a diaper." This was *before* we bought her Tinkerbell underwear.
"Hyrum don't have any teeth."
"You just kidding."
"I need a baby sister." !!! Eeep! NO! Not yet. SOOO not ready to go through pregnancy, labor, delivery, and the sleepless newborn stage again. I just HAD a baby! Every now and then, Emma says Hyrum is her baby sister and I tell her that he's her baby *brother* and that she doesn't *have* a baby sister. Not yet. Someday, but not yet. And this was her reply the last time we had that conversation.
"Swings broken the park." Yes they are...grrr. Or were last time we went, anyway. I hope they put new ones up soon.
"I wear Tinkbell underwear!"
"No I need my underwear." I asked if she needed a diaper and this was her reply. Sweet.
"Mommy I pee my underwear." She's VERY quick to tell me when she pees in her undies:) She's quick with diapers, too, but with undies I think she's faster because it's definitely more noticeable!
"Nice try, buddy!" LOL, she said this to Hyrum when he tried to grab something he's not really supposed to play with.
"I pee on the floor."
"Mommy phone's dying."
"Hmmm, let's see." LOL, totally imitation here. I asked her what movie she wanted to watch when she said she wanted to watch something.
"I pee in my potty!!!" ^____^
"I hiding table, Hyrum."
"4 more more more minutes, then I come back." LOL, this goes with the above statement. She hid under the table and then said this.

I don't think I've posted about how Emma says her brother's name. Instead of an "r" in the middle, she says "m." So, Hyrum is "Hymum" in Emma Speech. It's really cute the way she says it.

My poor kids have both had some eczema-ish skin issues lately. And mosquito bites. And Hyrum's face still has that drool-induced rash. It's getting better and I hope it goes away soon. And Emma's eyes are puffy from allergies and sleep issues. I think the sleep issues are because of the allergies (and frustration with wet diapers in her sleep). Fun stuff.

Hyrum is such a cute little boy! He's very sweet and cuddly. But...he wants to be held All. The. Time. And he's not usually content with merely being held; he has to be *standing* held. I can usually sneak him into his crib when he falls asleep, but otherwise, his little face crumples and he starts wailing when I set him down. So...that, + a 2 year old, means my house is usually a sty. The only time I can really get much done is early in the morning before he wakes up. And that's if he sleeps in long enough. Today, I got sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming done before he woke up. Oh, and I unloaded the dishwasher, too.

Anyway. This is Hyrum's update section, not a housework (or lack thereof) update. Emma was the same as a baby about not letting me get much cleaning done. Aaanyway. He's a wonderful little boy. He loves to put everything in his mouth. Everything. He's constantly grabbing at Stuff and his mouth is the first place it goes. He loves to grab his feet and shove them in his mouth. So cute. He rolls onto his tummy ALL the time, then gets mad that he's there, and starts to cry. I think he's trying to crawl, too, and that could be part of why he gets upset about being on his tummy. He rolls onto his tummy in his sleep all the time now. Hyrum sleeps through the night about 75% of the time, and when he does wake up at night, it's only once. I don't really mind much when he does, though. He nurses back to sleep right away. Ironically, Emma's been waking up at night more lately, and he usually sleeps through it (mainly because we rush in to make sure she doesn't wake him up - ah the joys of a 2 bedroom apartment).

Hyrum moves toys from one hand to the other. He also gets distracted while eating, especially when Emma is nearby. He thinks she is the funniest person ever! She makes him laugh better than anyone else.

Hyrum's hair has gotten lighter. It looks like we've got another blondie! Since John has such dark hair and eyes, I totally expected our kids to be that way, too. But so far, our kids have my hair color instead. Emma's eyes are green like mine, too. Hyrum's are still blue; it's too early to tell if they'll stay that way. Emma's were blue for a really long time before they turned green. I just looked through Emma's baby book (LOL, to check up on milestones in case I missed something Hyrum can do) and I can totally tell that my kids are related. They DO look alike! I didn't really realize it before. Emma looks more like me I think, and Hyrum looks more like John, but they both have traits from both John and I. I can definitely tell they're siblings when I look at Emma's baby pictures. Which is funny to me because Emma was SOO much smaller as a baby. Hyrum weighed at 4 months what Emma did at 9. Either way, they're still the 2 cutest kids in the world:D

Speaking of, I'm sure you want to see pictures of them, huh? Of course you do;) I scrapped more P365 pages. I'm *almost* caught up with them!! Check it out:

April 9-15
April 9-15
Kit: A Quiet Moment, geniaBeana Scraps

April 16-22
April 16-22
Kit: A Quiet Moment, geniaBeana Scraps

April 23-29
April 23-29
Kit: In Spring, geniaBeana Scraps

April 30 - May 6
April 30 - May 6
Kit: In Spring, geniaBeana Scraps

I skipped May 7-20 scrapping-wise for now; our internet was down while I worked on these and I hadn't downloaded the kit I want to use. I have it now; these will be the next pages I scrap.

May 21-27
May 21-27
Kit: Just Peachy, geniaBeana Scraps

May 28 - June 3
May 28 - June 3
Kit: Just Peachy, geniaBeana Scraps

June 4-11
June 4-10
Kit: Doodlebug (and add-on), Kimi's Kreations
+ a few pieces from Kimi's Country Caramel kit

June 12-17
June 11-17
Kit: Doodlebug (and add-on), Kimi's Kreations
+ a few pieces from Kimi's Country Caramel kit

I only have 4 pages to go and I'll be all caught up!!

I also revamped some of the earlier pages. Their basic design is kind of boring, but meh, I didn't want to deal with changing that part. Here are the newly revamped pages:

January 1-7
January 1-7
Kit: Hazy Shade of Winter, geniaBeana Scraps
(I made this page better match the one that goes with it)

January 15-21
January 15-21
Kit: Simple Pleasures, geniaBeana Scraps

January 22-28
January 22-28
Kit: Simple Pleasures, geniaBeana Scraps

Oh, and I made this for my dad for Father's Day, using geniaBeana's awesome He's the Man kit:
Father's Day 2010

And a new desktop with geniaBeana's Just Peachy:
Just Peachy desktop

As you can see, I've been busy scrapping since my last post:)

And for the P365 pics themselves:

June 19
June 19
Lovin' the spray park!

June 20
June 20
Happy Father's Day to the best daddy ever!

June 21
June 21
I swear he was trying to crawl. So cute!

June 22
June 22
Baby Hyrum foot:)

June 23
June 23
Emma's froggy. He goes EVERYwhere with us. She made this tower while grocery shopping

June 24
June 24
I love this ♥

June 25
June 25
Eating free pizza at the park.

June 26
June 26
Jessica and Noah eating Jessica's birthday cake. Yum!

June 27
June 27
Smiley Hyrum!

June 28
June 28
We walked over to the nature park to feed the ducks (and the mosquitoes...) for FHE.

June 29
June 29
John and Emma running through one of the "sprinklers" at the spray park. Our friend/neighbor works in the sno cone stand behind them:)

June 30
June 30
Hyrum laughing at Emma and just being so darn cute!

July 1
July 1
First time wearing big girl undies! I finally made the plunge at let her try it. She picked them out the day before. She wanted to put them on her head, but um, no. We had a couple accidents, but that's how it goes.

I also have a template, based off my May 21-27 LO. Template 63 is a 12x12" PSD file.

Template 63

You can download it here.

Aaand I'm off to the farmer's market for fun with family and friends! Enjoy your weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for freebies. Link on your post was added to Lori's freebie list

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [03 Jul 12:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 1 post on Jul. 03, 2010. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete