Saturday, December 12, 2009

Pregnancy and Sadness

It's been a crazy week. I meant to post for Scrap it to me Tuesday, but it didn't seem appropriate as John's grandfather passed away Tuesday night. I never got the chance to meet him, but I know he was a wonderful man.

And now, on Friday night, my grandmother had a stroke. She's stabilized as far as I know, but her speech is incoherent. Who knows if she'll recover it. I'm tempted to call my mom for an update, but it's 2 AM there...she's probably still at the hospital with her mom, though.

2009 has been a bizarre year for our family health-wise: grandparents in and out of the hospital throughout the entire year (on my side and John's), serious mental health issues with my cousin, and my uncle has cancer. And I complain about the discomforts of pregnancy...what an ungrateful snot I can be. My suffering is temporary and has the best end result possible.

Speaking of pregnancy, I now have weekly appointments! Which means I'll be done soon! I had an appointment on Monday and everything looks great as usual. I gained 3 lbs between that and my previous appointment, for a grand total of 14 lbs. Not bad for 36 weeks! I gained 3 lbs in 2 weeks, but you have to keep in mind what those 2 weeks covered: Thanksgiving, Emma's birthday, John's birthday, a Christmas dinner party, and dinner at Outback Steakhouse (thanks again for the gift card Marie!). When seen in that light, it's not at all surprising!

I have some pages to post, but I'm too tired now. Will do so later. Time for bed. LOL, this is probably the shortest post I've ever had on this blog! Night!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about John's Grandfather and your Grandmother! My prayers are with you!!

    ReplyDelete