Saturday, February 11, 2012

Computer-less

I am still computer-less. The building process is taking longer than anticipated, due to a flaky motherboard. It wasn't playing nice with the graphics card or the RAM.

On the plus side, this means I get a new motherboard...and a new processor!! It'll be twice as fast as the one I was going to get :D

The downside, however, is that we had to order those parts, so I have to be computer-less for longer. It's definitely worth the wait, but...I'm more than ready to have a computer of my own again. Especially since I am now craving to scrap and play Sims 2. Why does lack of accessibility cause such cravings? *sigh*

But, life has a way of keeping me busy, whether I have a working computer or not. I've been trying to keep up on cleaning. I started working on our bedroom, but I didn't get as far as I wanted to. At least I got my clothes all hung up and put away. But the clutter? Still got a long way to go.

And, of course, kids definitely keep me busy. Since my last real non-computer post, Hyrum said his first official sentence: "Mommy, I love you." <3 Best first sentence ever! He picks up on more and more words and phrases each day. He totally repeats everything he hears. He also discovered that he can open the fridge...and doors, with or without the plastic knob covers. Good thing we keep the front door locked at all times!

Nathan rolled over since then, too. He's getting soooo big! He's 17.5 lbs and 27.25" long. What a big boy! He's getting close to growing out of his infant car seat. Nathan is such a sweet, cuddly baby. We love our adorable little redhead!

Emma is such a knowledge sponge. She's going to do so great in school! What a smarty. She loves doing at-home preschool each day. It's so fun! She always asks to learn more, and she remembers extremely well. She has an amazing memory. Clearly, she takes after me ;)

Speaking of school, John applied for grad school. Yay! We're still waiting to hear back; we probably won't hear until March since the deadline is March 1st. We're also on a waiting list for an awesome duplex near our grad school of choice. It's exactly what I'm looking for: inexpensive, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, garage, yard, and only sharing walls with one neighbor. Yay!

Graduation is coming up in less than 2 months and we couldn't be more excited! It'll be sooo nice to have that behind us. I can't wait to move to a bigger place. We so desperately need more space. I even have a list of organizational projects to do after we move. It's pointless to do all of it now since I don't know what kind of space I'll have to work with yet.

OPKMJHNBGVZW

[Emma typed that and said, "don't take it off, ok?" So...I'll leave it just for her :)]

So, overall, life is good. Stressful, what with kids and school and everything, but good. I am very excited for my new computer to be done and here. In the meantime, I'm going to work on other non-computer things. The kids are clamoring at me, so this will have to be short. Time to make dinner! The life of a mom. Always busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment